Monday, August 19, 2013

REFLECTIONS ON WEEK 1

1.) So far I've only discovered one factor that will affect my participation and/or experience in this class. It's the fact that I'm not familiar with using the Internet. I rarely lay hands on a computer. At the same time I'm happy I decided to take this class, because I know that I will learn a lot.
2.) I wouldn't say it was an awesome experience only because I participated in trail held my the Teen Court system to sentence a high school student, near my age, for abusing illegal drugs. It was a Monday afternoon during the summer and I volunteered to be part of the jury. I learned that drugs not only affect your health but it also affects your loved ones and peers around you. In other words I learned to think before I act. I can say it changed my life and persuaded me to never want to take the path of drugs.
3.) I am looking forward to expanding my vocabulary and to become a better reader. I think I've I accomplish these goals it will prepare me for College! Honestly I can't ask for more from a high school teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment