Monday, September 16, 2013

NO CHILD LEFT UNTABLETABLE

           I agree and disagree with the changes the United States is offering with the structure of education. I agree that we spend a lot of money on education and that a lot of people take it for granted and don't really progress. I also agree that we need to change something in our teaching curriculum. I'm not sure if a Tablet for K-12 graders is that change. Kids in kinder garden don't even know how to turn on a television. What makes us think we can hold them responsible enough to take care of a tablet and use it on a daily bases. I believe nothing is impossible. So lets say we they are capable of managing a tablet. They would be exposed to a lot of things that involve technology, but won't have the privilege to learn in a community where you learn and communicate face to face. Everything would be taught on screen, which I think can be a huge dilemma for the future. Maybe we ought to do something about our teaching curriculum, but in my honest opinion Tablets aren't the way to approach this change.

No comments:

Post a Comment