Monday, June 2, 2014

FINAL ESSAY



Since the beginning of this year I have changed tremendously. Not only as a student but as a person in general. Yes, the challenges and experiences I’ve had this year have helped me evolve into the person I am today, but also the lectures and strategies that have been taught to me by Dr. Preston this year have really developed my thinking process and helped me make smarter choices. A year with Dr. Preston has also helped me become organized and taught me how to manage my time properly. Learning how to manage my time properly has been very effective in showing me how to complete my homework and chores, and still have some free time to spare. This was a very important strategy/tool for me to learn especially because I like to keep myself busy so that I would stay out of trouble and also because there’s so many things that I want/love to do. The only way I can continue doing all these things that I love too much to let go is by managing my time properly. My reading and writing skills have also improved. I began noticing an improvement in my reading while I was reading a book for my third literature analysis last semester. My reading skills are still increasing every day exponentially. As for my writing skills, they have also been getting better and better every day not only because writing is almost involved in everything we do now a days, but also because Dr. Preston used to prepare vocabulary quizzes every week with new vocabulary words each week. I honestly think that we did deserve to be treated as colleagues because we are now considered as young adults and we aren’t little kids anymore. Also it helps strengthen the relationship between the student and the teacher almost as if they were friends, except the difference is that the student still has respect for the teacher. We did not earn this write to be treated as colleagues. Dr. Preston just decided to take this teaching process and tried to change it so that it can benefit both the student and teacher in their own ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment