Sunday, April 27, 2014

EXPERIENCE AT CAL POLY(Architecture)

If I remember correctly Dustin, Taylor, Cecilio, and I volunteered our time to travel to the famous University known as Cal Poly. I honestly had no idea of what I was getting myself into, but I've always loved to take risks and this was a perfect opportunity to do so. When I first entered the Architecture Studio I was so nervous and shy to meet people who are pursuing the career that I one day hope to pursue. I introduced myself and then quickly sat down and joined in on the conversation that they were having. We began the lecture like any normal, standardized class. Dr. Preston led the lecture or the talk by asking us questions that we had no preparation what so ever for. I really don't like being put on the spot especially in front of a class full of college students, but we answer all of his questions at the best of our abilities. After a short period of time Dr. Preston had to attend to private matters and we continued without him. No offense to Dr. Preston, but I felt a lot less nervous and more accustomed to the collaboration once he left. We all brought snacks and shared and ate together. Afterwards we split into groups and we collaborated about their class project. They began asking me a bunch of questions about high school and how I think we can make it a better place for students to learn and study in the environment that their in. They were shocked to find out that not a lot of students spend their time in the library our school provides us with because they utilize their library frequently, almost all the time. Afterwards we presented what we came up with to the class. The trip to Cal Poly was an experience that I will never forget. Thank you Dr. Preston fopr making one of my biggest dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment