Saturday, February 8, 2014

LAUNCH

My dream since I was a child is to become an architect engineer. I'm sure a lot of people are thinking why in the world is there a child at such a young age dreaming about becoming something such as that. I first became interested in pursuing this major was when I went to Mexico and visited my uncle who is now a retired architectural engineer. He was the reason why the idea even appeared in my mind. Another thing that inspired me was when my father hired an architect to design our house. I thought it was amazing how a person can design and build the house that you desire. Ever since then it's been my greatest dream that i hope to fulfill. I can use several tools that were used last semester to obtain this desire. I can collaborate with my friends and peers around me. I can search globally on the web for information regarding my future major. I can even contact my uncle from Mexico to give me some tips as to what I will need to do to prepare myself for this path that I want to pursue. The only way I can think of that will help me have no regrets on June is by taking advantage of every opportunity that presents itself to me. For example, my teacher Dr. Preston is giving me a chance to possibly work with students from Cal Poly who are currently studying architecture. I need to take advantage of this opportunity! I'm not really preoccupied about convincing anyone or anything about my future plans. The only person I'm trying to convince is myself that I'm capable of accomplishing anything I put my mind and effort into. The only way I can make this idea into reality is by getting off my lazy behind and do things worth my time. Things that have a value and an impact on my life now or even have an impact in my life in the future. I honestly don't descriminate against anyone being my teacher. I would gladly utilize every ones thoughts and opinions on the best way to do things to reach my goals.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Glad to know this gives you a chance to pursue a lifelong dream! Looking forward to next steps.

    ReplyDelete