Thursday, February 20, 2014

Literature Analysis #2

Topics and/or Events:
1. A) My book, Lone Survivor, is about a team (Navy Seals) who are on an important, secret mission to assassinate one of the foreign leaders of an enemy country. In the process of terminating their target they were interrupted by a few villagers. This interference completely ruined their mission. They are forced to retreat, but they what they don't know is how incredibly difficult it will be to escape this foreign territory. All of these trained killers die except one.
   B) While on a huge top secret mission the Seals are all slaughtered except one.
2. The author of my book wanted to dedicate some of his time to write about the horrific event that took place involving some of the United States greatest heroes and the sacrifices that they put at risk everyday without any of us common people being aware of.
3. I've always been very interested in the military and the people who are involved in it to protect our rights. I have/had family member who were/are active in the military and who have/had to sacrifice so much for us. If they can sacrifice their lives for me, the least I can do is sacrifice
some of my time to acknowledge the things they did.
4. Yes the portion of history this author shares with us to me seems very realistic. While reading this book I made connections with some of my relatives who either served in the military or are currently participating actively.
People:
1. I believe the majority of what the author shares with the reader is true. The story that he tells is based on an actual event that took place. Now with that being said I'm not 100% sure if every single detail he included in his book is true.
2. Every character in this particular book is the same. They are all there for the same cause and they are all willing to risk their lives for the glorious country in which they were born in.
3. These characters in the book go through hell and they all die except for one. That one survivor is the only reason we are even aware of the sacrifices they made.
Style:

No comments:

Post a Comment